REQUIREMENTS FOR PROCESSING REVOCABLE PERMIT REQUESTSThe requesting utility company shall submit the following (Incomplete submittals shall be returned unprocessed) addressed to:
BUREAU OF STREET LIGHTING
1149 South Broadway, Suite 200 Los Angeles, CA 90015 Attention: Gil DeLaCruz
- An encroachment request letter:
- Explain why the utility company requires to encroach within the Bureau's 4-foot easement.
- Note whether any street lighting facilities (electroliers, foundations, pullboxes, conduit runs) exist in the area of encroachment. Existing street lighting installation plan(s), if any.
- This information may be obtained from The Bureau of Street Lighting Records Counter, 1149 South Broadway, 2nd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Street names, cross streets, property lines, north arrow, and scale of plan.
- Limits of the encroachment.
- Depth of cover of any proposed substructure installed within the encroachment limits.
- Size, depth, and/or profile of any proposed utility vault and/or foundation installed within the encroachment limits.
- Location of utility as offset from property lines, and/or street center lines, including that of cross streets.
- Existing street lighting facilities (electroliers, foundations, pullboxes, conduit runs), if any.
- Existing substructures within the vicinity of the encroachment.
- Existing curbline.
- Street Lighting Notes To The Contractor (see Attachment "A").
- Street Lighting approval signature block (see Attachment "B").
- Company title block (plan must be prepared by the applicant).
Please contact Shan Yu at (213) 847-1456, if you require additional information. For questions regarding the installation of telecommunications equipment, please contact Asaad Alnajjar, Division Manager – Community Services Division, at (213) 847-1432.